I love this time of year. Longer shadows, saturated skies, orange leaves and a crispness in the air. It’s also the time of year when back in the 80’s my Mom would start shouting “put your coat on, it’s cold outside!”. She didn’t realize how uncool I thought coats were, literally. So uncool.
I’ve grown up and recognized that Mom was onto something, and I’m not talking about the high waisted jean that we all know and love. I came to the realization coats don’t have to be boring or purely functional. They can be chic, colorful or classic. The same can be said for the coatings we provide at Universal. Coatings can really elevate a glass bottle and give it that extra something that makes it, well, cool.
Here are the top 3 coatings that should be hitting runways next year. And by runway, I mean your glass container.
- Satin Black Coating- this coats your bottle like that black suede coat that you’ve worn a thousand times and refuse to let go. Super soft and touchable. Its matte finish makes your bottle a perfect canvas for glossy or brightly colored screen print.
- Gloss Black Coating – this is the biker version of that black jacket. It coats the bottle black with a subtle sheen but is still tough and durable. For real impact, add screen print over top in paints reminiscent of studs and buckles—think metallic silver or brass.
- Metallic and Pearlescent Coatings – with metallic colors staying fashionable into 2019, our coatings and paints are always on trend. Try your bottle coated in a pearl color. Then overprint it with any ceramic paint, I personally love screen print in metallic teal for a peacock feather feel.
So put your coat on and give us a call–we’ll discuss how to make your bottle fashion forward using the latest coatings and innovations in screen print.
Featured Image by Aaron Burden on Unsplash
- Winter Rosé Label Design Case StudyJ. Bookwalter Winery boasts a long tradition of exceptional viticulture in the Pacific Northwest. Since their founding in 1982
- Surprise! Our VP – Production Makes PredictionI count us really lucky here at Universal. Our design team has the benefit of being under the same roof …
- Calling All DoodlersOver our 30+ years of putting paint on bottles, our art team has seen and helped execute thousands of different …
- Put Your Coat On! 3 Innovative Color Coatings to Elevate your Glass PackagingI love this time of year. Longer shadows, saturated skies, orange leaves and a crispness in the air. It’s also …